Bass Players New Layout

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Corbis, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    March's issue has a new layout. At first it was harder to find stuff but once I got the hang of it it seems more organized and the lessons in the back have levels beginner, inter, and adv. They also have a bunch of new articles like talking about being the the studio. I also liked how they had more transcriptions with acual music notation. I think they took a step in the right direction with this issue. What do you guys think?
  2. i agree...i like the new layout
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    It's a more "down to business" layout, which may not be as eye-friendly to a passerby at a newsstand, but I think it's a great improvement for the regular readers. I particularly liked the new layout of the gear reviews, with all the particulars organized in sections.
  4. The layout is cleaner, and seems to have less fluff overall. Their new logo (only slightly different) also seems classier to me.

On a side note: Did anyone catch the Cliff-Burton issue Letter to the Editor in the front about the strings? I think it was last month's. Some guy was saying that BP was overly-pretentious becase HE didn't know what strings were on his bass. Any thoughts?
  5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I like the new layout. As others have said, it is much cleaner. The editorial stated that new, higer quality paper is being used, also. I noticed this almost immediately. The mag felt much more "solid" when I picked it up. I'm looking forward to 'shedding the Andrew Gouche column (by Ed Friedland) later today.

The "next issue" box in the letters sections is a nice touch. BP used to have that at the back of the issue, then they stopped.