1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Players to honor Funk Brothers

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SoCal1, Mar 14, 2013.

1. We're expecting some of L.A.'s great musicians along with many Motown legends from yesteryear on March 21 when The Funk Brothers are honored with their STAR on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. I'm especially looking forward to seeing several of our fellow bassists including James Jamerson lll, Phil Chen, Freddie Washington, Leon Sylvers, and more. Bob Babbitts family along with several other Funk Brothers families will also be in attendence. The ceremony on Hollywood Blvd & Sycamore takes place at 11:30 sharp and the public is welcome.

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Very cool wish I could be there.

3. Cool. Wish I could be there.

4. SherwoodGreen

SherwoodGreen Banned

Dec 25, 2012
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    I think it's awesome that the Funk Brothers will have a star on the WOF.
    As much as I dislike driving to Hollywood from the Valley, I might make this trip!

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

How did this turn out? And did Leon Sylvers show up and play?

6. Lots of musicians were there...too many to name, as well as at the after party in Beverly Hills. Below...a few pics you might like...

7. Sorry...having trouble with URL's from my new phone. will get it figured out in a day or so without posting my entire picasa album.

8. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

They were amazing. I'm sort of ashamed to have not really known about them prior to the movie. I always knew the instrumental music was great and knew of James Jamerson, but never knew of the others.

9. sailri

sailri

Nov 16, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Your links aren't working for those images!

10. Sorry...it comes up on my computer...but I'm trying to figure out how to post pics off of my new cell phone. I thought this would work. Back to the drawing board...