Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass POD + Behringer 19" EQ + power amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matthias, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    What do you think about this setup?
    The POD is for basic tone shaping and creating 'my' tone.
    The Behringer PEQ 2200 Ultra-Q Pro (a 1 HU 5-band parametric EQ) is for boosting the signal and additional EQ-ing to adapt to room acoustics if necessary. (Power amp goes without saying.)

I see the following advantages:
    I have my tone ready in a portable box which I can easily bring to recordings without lugging around an amp.
    I can have my tone even at gigs where a backline is supplied.
    When I use my whole rig I can adapt to room situation without altering the signal going to the PA because I don't have to change the EQ of the POD.
    The POD and the Behringer are cheaper than most preamps.

Can you see any flaws or disadvantages (besides that many of you do not like the POD ;)) with this concept?

2. Well...

I see the Bass Pod as more of a studio tool then a live preamp.

3. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Most users seem to see it that way, although it is intended for use in live situations as well. hmm.

However I like the idea of EQ and poweramp in one rack more and more. I could feed it with anything I like - be it my SABDDI, a POD, a preamp.
    I would always have the option to run a 'post EQ DI out' to the PA and adjust EQ and onstage volume without altering my FOH sound and volume.

Matthias