Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass pod foot controller rating

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wicked7Shark, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Wicked7Shark

Wicked7Shark Guest

Jun 1, 2001
    lawton ok
    i was wondering if anybody has the foot controller for the bass pod. If u do how do u like it and and how would u ovarall rate it?

2. Definitely a necessity if you want to use it live or dynamically - changing settings in-song. You may be able to achieve the same effect if you're using keyboards or some other MIDI controller.

The only problem I had with mine was with a couple of switches not working properly. I opened it up and it turned to be a couple of loose screws, those that hold the circuit board firmly against the peddle-side of the case. Very easily fixed with a Phillips screw driver.

It was worth it for me. I'd give it a 10 out of 10 for practicality and a 9 out of 10 for construction - not a 10 because of the loose screw problem. :) Otherwise, it's a very robust board.

3. dblbassted

dblbassted

Mar 21, 2001
    Memphis, Tn.
    I used the FB4 (the regular 4 button footswitch) and , while I was happy with it, I really wanted more control. I surely wasn't going to spend the cash for their big floorboard, so I got an RFX (by Rolls) midi buddy. All it does is send midi program change numbers. However, you can access all of your patches and the manual and tuner modes with it. Mine was a b stock that I got directly from Rolls.com. It actually cost less than the FB4.