Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Pod Pro FX Loop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nails, May 2, 2002.

1. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Does anyone know where the effects loop of the Pod Pro sits? Is it pre-EQ, pre amp model, post amp/pre cab model? I haven't seen anything at the Line 6 site, or here, that says where it is.

2. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    The nice thing about the BPP is its flexability. There is a pre-effects loop and a post-effects loop. You choose. I use mine post-effects, so I can delay/loop the internal effects through my Akai Headrush, which I have on my pedal board. Oh, and by the way, I love it!

3. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Thanks for the help so far Jontom. I'm still a little curious as to where the loops sit. My main question is if they're pre-amp modeling or not (I'm assuming the loops are pre cab models.) Although it having pre and post effects loops is a cool feature as well.

Another thing, when modeling effects with the BPP are they put "infront" of the amp?

4. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    The pre-efffects loop would sit before e.q.,effects,amp, and cab...vice-versa for the post-effect loop. The internal effects are put pre-amp, for example you can use the Hogs Foot model to drive the front end of a tube amp model into distortion. Hows that?

5. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Jontom, that is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you for the help.

6. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    No problem! I think you'll really dig it...I know I do.