Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass POD Pro is it good

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jacob Maltbie, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all,
    I was just wondering about the Bass POD Pro from Line6,is it good and are the effects good quality or not ???

2. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    It really depends entirely on what you are planning on using it for. I got one a few months back in mint shape, and dirt cheap. Long story short, with whatever you plan on using it for I would not pay MSRP for it...wayyyyy too overpriced.

Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent EMULATOR. I got it to use as an effects module but for me...I would have been much better served just outfitting my effects pedal board with a few of the effects I commonly need and call it a day. The effects on the POD Pro are ok in my opinion, but I have definately heard better in numerous pedals. The thing I like most about the POD are the different amp emulation tones it provides.

Two things to consider in buying a POD Pro...
    1. Do you have a dedicated power amp to run it into? DO NOT run this unit into a head unit...as I am trying to do very unsuccessfully...it is meant to be used as a dedicated preamp and run into a power amp.
    2. For live/rehearsal situations it's effects are decent, but again if that's all you are doing I would say get something else for the money unless you get a good deal on one like I did. If you are doing lots of studio work, or play a regular gig with an outstanding PA then it would be worth it. Either of those cases all you'd need would be your POD Pro and bass....run into the house board of studio console and you've got virtually any amp/cab/effect combo you need or want.
    Just my .02 hope it helps.
    Also, do a search...there have been many, many...detailed discussions on TB about the Bass POD Pro (myself being the main question asker) :D

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Oh yeah...I forgot to mention...the setup/operation of the thing is pretty lengthy. I still am discovering new things about it 6 months later....it's umm...very interesting reading to say the least.:meh:

4. Sorry, but there's already loads of threads about the bass pod being good or crap.. i suggest that you use the ' search ' button first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.