Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass pod pro vs. SansAmp PSA-1

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joshua Pickenpaugh, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    I'm wanting to invest in a programable preamp with MIDI-capabilities, but am not sure what to get. I've got a 700 watt Walter Woods running a couple Acme 2x10's. I'd like to have a preamp that I can store different EQ settings upon for my different electric basses. Any comments regarding the Pod Pro, PSA-1, or any other programmable pre is mucho-thank-i-fied. Thanks guys...TB rules! :)

2. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    ...drat, forgot to put this in the AMPS section. DOH!

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The two units that you are referring to are quite different from eachother.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Actually, this would be best categorized in Effects.

5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I have been using the POD Pro for over a year as both preamp and direct system. I am very happy with the results. As for the pre-programmed EQs, that is very easy to do with the POD.

I use it for exactly that. I have pre-programmed settings (you can store as many as 36) that I use for the different basses and/or styles that I play. You can get the really expensive Line6 changer, but I use a simple Tech21 MIDI mouse and it works great.

Plus the POD pro offers very good DI with speaker simulation, a simple but effective and mostly transparent compressor, high-quality built-in tuner and many very nice recording tools.

Lastly, you can interface it with your PC to back up your sounds and do deep editing to the sounds.

They are expensive, but IMO worth it.

Chas

6. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA

...that about sums it up for me. :D