1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass POD Pro XT + Berg IP310?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FbassDave, Feb 29, 2008.

1. FbassDave

FbassDave

May 29, 2005
    South Oz
    After an exhaustive search through all the IP related threads, I haven't read anything about matching the POD Pro XT with the IP series cabs.

Many have said that the IP's come into there own when mated with a dedicated bass pre (I have a Trace Elliot V Type I can use) but I'm considering a rack POD also.

Anyone tried this? Does it sound thin/digital/unconvincing? The IP's seem like the ideal canvas for something like this but am unable to try the IP's before I buy. I've used POD's in the studio before and know what they're capable of, but I've never used one in a live rig.

Your thoughts, experiences and unqualified polarisation of opinion are welcome and much appreciated!

2. Groovin

Groovin

May 25, 2006
    Wash, D.C.
    Have not used this combo but my advice would be thus:

The IP310 will put out EXACTLY what goes into it. If you can listen to a POD through studio head phones, that will generally sound like what the IP will sound like. My feeling is that it will not be warm enough/ natural enough but like I said, I've never played this combo.

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    If you think the POD stuff sounds good though good PA or real studio monitors and can program it decently the IP should be a good route as long as there are no gain-matching issues.

But if you secretly think you need a lot of coloration to "hide" what the POD sounds like, this won't be a good choice ; }