Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass pod volume

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 28, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd like to know why in my bass pod the output volume of the modelled amps are so different. for example the marshalls are really really loud, the eden is reaòòy weak. is it the same on your bod?

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I owned the POD for 2 weeks. That was one of the problems I had.

3. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Yup, same here. I stopped using the Pod too. That was one of several dissappointments. I do NOT recommend the Pod for live application.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    another question is, why is not a new sound saved as loud as in the manual mode?

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'd recommend contacting Line 6 for these answers. And, although you didn't specify what you're trying to use the Bass Pod for, I will second brewer9's opinion that the Bass Pod shouldn't be used for live effects. It's designed for amp modeling with effects built into it, but it is NOT an effects unit, per se.

If you're using it for live applications, you'll continue to have the headaches you're describing!:mad:

If you're only using it for studio applications, you may be able to override the output of the POD by altering the sound board and twiddling with the output on the POD.

Best of luck...now you know one of the reasons I dumped it!;)

6. These are some of the characteristics that the POD has but with patient reprograming you will be able to even out most of the volume changes from one channel to another. I am using mine live and in the studio and the only problem that I have had is that it seems to want to be restarted about once a month dumping all my changes. I have to reprogram all my changes and have started keeping a cheat sheet since I don't have a computer to back it all up on.