Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Pod vs Game Cube

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tonedef, Jan 24, 2002.

1. tonedef

tonedef

Oct 18, 2001
    Carlisle, England
    I can't make my mind up!, should i get a line 6 bass pod or a Nintendo Game Cube. Does anyone have a Game Cube?, its not out in England yet are they any good?

http://www.starla.4t.com

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I have a Gamecube.

In fact I have an extra, because I accidentally bought two.

Want to buy mine?

p.s. Gamecube rocks.

3. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Go with the bass pod. Im not a big fan of Nintendo(only the old school one), but you'll have just as much fun if not more with the pod.

4. Let's see, last gig I played with my bass POD I came out $$$ ahead of what I went into the bar with. Last video game I played, never mind.

Do what you want.

5. We have both GC and X-Box.

Both are good, but I think X-Box rocks!

I returned the Bass Pod. Wasn't crazy about it.

:D

6. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    gamecube is more for little kids. they put out mostly kids games, but they do have some good games. you should get a ps2 cause they have the coolest and the most games plus you can play all the old playstation games. one more reason to get the ps2 is that so far its the only console to release grand theft auto 3, quite possibly the greatest game ever made. but this is just my opinion. the gamecube IS cheaper and if your on a budget go for it. peace;)

7. Well it is your preference. I did alot of investigating and long soul searching. investigating what I want from my game system and what games I would want to play the most. I finally decided on the PS2. cause most of the games I would ever want to play are coming out for the PS2 or will cross platformed for all the platforms or for just the PS@ and X-box.
    plus I want to beable to play dvd's in my bedroom sence I have a dvd player in living room.In addition to the other options and advantages it has. Where the game cube does not play dvd's and doesn't have an high speed adapter. ALso I did some investage as to what would and would not be coming oout for that system and I only found 3 maybe 4 games for it that I would ever what to play. I have had my PS2 for about a month now and I love it.

8. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Xbox sucks.

Anyone who says Nintendo is for kids needs to get their head checked.

Just because Nintendo doesn't have a ton of gore and jiggly breasts doesn't mean adults can't play it.

I'm sick of the cynism in this world.

9. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Wow, E! You really got offended by that! I like XBOX a lot more. I have the POD. I really dont find much use for it, maybe in a recording situation.

10. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I use the Bass Pod on every gig. Don't have a gamecube. I'd rather play bass than video games.

11. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    What's more importent to you, creating art or being entertained?

By the way, I say wait a few months, buy the POD and a PS2. :D

12. I've been dissapointed with every game that I've played for the GameCube. I'd go with the POD myself.

13. Hmmm....hard decision. Depends, are you gonna be playing games alone? Or with friends?

If with friends, go Game Cube all the way. Has Super Mash Bros. Melee. Rocks.

X-Box in my mind is like the Blink 182 of punk. They are gonna get popular and all, but most true punk fans don't really dig em. Just a bunch of blood and gore on that. GFX look tight, but I'm usually the guy that plays 2-D RPG's on Playstation...heh.

Playstation 2 is cool, and if your gonna be playing by yourself, go for it.

Otherwise, go for the Bass Pod.

14. First off, I think you should go with the POD, but if you choose to geek it up, then don't get a game cube.

Get you paws on an x-box, trust me, you won't regret it. This is coming from a game dork, too.

Anyway, goodluck.

-Dave

15. True game dork my butt! ;)

I'm by far much nerdier, heh ;)

I actually enjoy playing my original Nintendo and Super Nintendo, all the old RPGs on SNES rocked. I still play playstation, fun stuff.

16. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    If i were you, and i was going to blow $350 (how much is a X-box/Game Cube) i'd get something along the lines of a mahogany/ebony fretless jbass neck w/ a 7 1/2 fingerboard radius for my p-bass. Then with the money leftover, get an Atari system with 50 games for $20.

17. Bass18

Bass18 Guest

Jul 21, 2001
    Australia
    If you are getting a console, get a gamecube.

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Buy a chicken. Or better yet, a bunch of chickens. Then, raise them in your living room, keeping some eggs to incubate into more chickens, while selling the others at discount price. Then, as your flock grows, which, assuming you have the proper space in your living domicile, will be at an exponential rate, you will begin making money hand over fist as your egg/chicken production rate skyrockets. Then you can afford BOTH. I'm suprised you guys didn't think of that already.

19. don't get the "Lamecube". Jusk kidding E string.:D

do what Uforia said and see what games are comming out for the different consoles, then make your choice. for me it was the PS2. backward compatible is awesome, Mortal Kombat 4 still rocks!