1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Pod XT into Sonar 4 via USB

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by BobKos, Mar 24, 2009.

1. BobKos

BobKos

Apr 13, 2007
    Hi all:

I'm pretty new to computer recording.

I bought a Bass Pod XT for quiet practice. I own a laptop. I thought that I might be able to use the two together to record some bass lines and try my hand at computer recording.

I installed my legit version of Cakewalk Sonar on my laptop. I installed the USB drivers for my Pod. I plugged my pod into my laptop via USB.

I can't get any recording action out of the setup. I am pretty clueless where to start troubleshooting this. I realize that I haven't provided much infor to work with. I don't know where to begin. I HAVE used Sonar in the past to record analog bass lines. It's been a while, but in the past I could at least make it work.

Please share any advice that might help me get this working.

Thanks.

2. mrjameskent

mrjameskent

Jan 9, 2009
    Hi Bob

I too have a Bass Pod XT, and use it via USB into Ableton Live.

A couple of ideas spring to mind:

1) download and run the latest drivers from the Line 6 website
    2) you might need to select the Bass Pod as an input, either on your computers master audio settings and/or within your DAW - in Live, i have to go into preferences, and select it as an input, in the same way I have to select my soundcard as an output
    3) usually you need to arm an audio track for recording before you hear anything, so try that after doing all the above.

hope that helps. would be interested to see how you get on with the XT - i was disappointed at first but its worth spending an afternoon with it and just play around. only disappointment now is now input to practise with my ipod so i don't have to turn on my little studio setup.
    J