1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Pod XT Live or Zoom B9.1, and why??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassikLee, Jan 1, 2012.

1. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    For those of you who have tried both, and settled on one, which one, and why? I have both. It seems, to me, that the XT is more user friendly. I am leaning toward making it the heart of my rig.

For context, I play in a cover band that does everything from 80's rock, to modern metal, blues, country, all of it. I play direct, and the whole band is on ears.

To me, the Zoom feels like more of an "effect" type deal, while the XT feels like more of an amp modeler, with effects.

Thnx,

Lee

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The zoom b9.1ut would be good choice. not only do the effects, amp and cab models sound awesome, but it also has a real tube preamp which makes the effects sound more advanced. but if you feel that the line 6 bass pod xt live is the right multi-effects processor for you, then you should go with that. when it comes to buying effects, it's all about personal taste in sound quality. if you're more interested in line 6, check out the line 6 pod x3 live. it's got some totally awesome effects, amp and cab models.

POD X3 For Bass Guitar | Line 6 - YouTube

3. Your assesment here is spot on IMHO. I have a BassPodXT Live and have had a Zoom B9.1ut.

Things I like on the Zoom:
    More effects
    Looper
    Horizontal pedal movement for more parameter control

Things I like more on Line 6
    Overall tone of the models.
    Blendable Mic'd cab simulation
    Fewer effects, but they are the useable ones.

Either or both will work great.

4. I have a zoom B2. Perfect Features, just what i need. no need to buy anything else. i would strongly recommend it.