1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass POD xt Pro tone question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jaye, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Hey everyone, I've never much been a bassist that uses distortion but for the project I am in currently it is what is wanted.

I am using a Bass POD xt Pro, and while I can get tons of regular bass tones I like, I can't seem to settle on a good gritty bass tone. I don't want full on distortion just something with some added bite and grittiness.

Has anybody here found some good settings for this type of thing?

Thanks.

2. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    If you go on CustomTone.com you may be able to find something. There is a patch called SVT Grit. I put it on my PODxt Live. I haven't tried it through an amp yet so I can't vouch for how gritty it sounds; it's just something to consider. If you browse the collection on that site you may find something worth trying.

I'm not sure of a good way to craft a tone like that from scratch, so I don't have much advice to offer.