Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nuk3m, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Nuk3m

Sep 18, 2004
    Down Under
    Hey guys,

Already did a search on this thing on the forum and didnt find much, i was wondering how the amp sims hold up to your opinions and also how the effects in this unit compare to the normal stomp box situations.

Another thing, i dont know if another foot switch set up can be used other then the line 6 floor boards.

thanks for your time :bassist:
  2. Some answers: Line 6 amp modelers are some of the best in the industry, but they are still simulations. I've owned a bass POD pro (not the XT) and it's simulation of my Mesa 400+ was close, but didn't have the inherent character of the actual amp. Having all those amp models is pretty cool, though.

The effects are pretty good, but this is where I think POD's fall short because of the characteristic shortcomings of multi-effect processors. The POD model's some industry standards, but it's still a digital reproduction of analog effects. They sound good, but not like the real thing. I'm no audiophile, so they're passable.

You can use another midi controller with the POD, but from my understanding, it will only control patch changes...not sure about continuous controllers. I know the Line 6 floorboard has a wah, volume, and tuner that you would lose by using another midi controller.
  3. yeah, i have experiance with the pod (not xt) and the models are passable to me! i like the pod series...
  4. I own one. My guitar player has the guitar xt pro. I have the bass pod xt pro.

If you don't know what your sound is, this is for you. If you hate tinkering this is defitnetly not! I've spent a long time with this preamp to have it the way I have it now. This amp is very versitile. Lots of neat effects and useful tools like compression and gates. Many people like it for recording but I think it is a good live amp, especially if you are in a cover band where you would have to get a lot of pedals and change your eq around.

This amp has helped me find out what my sound is. I'm planning on buying another preamp just so I can get closer to my sound. I learned from this amp that I rarely use effects and therefore would rather spend most of my money on a good preamp rather than one that "can do it all".

If you have anymore question just ask.