Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass pod XT questions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FritzM, Oct 6, 2004.

1. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    1. Does it have a true bypass?
    2. Can you just use the effects without the amp modeling?
    3. Can I use it to enhance an already good tone?

I use j basses through a Mesa Scout, mostly jazz and R&B. I'm looking to add a little reverb/chorus and maybe some tone enhancement. What are your thoughts on the Pod XT?

___Fritz

2. bortx

bortx

Sep 9, 2004
    Hi Fritz,

I just returned a line6 Pod Pro xt. When you say 'true bypass' do you mean can you turn off all effects and cabs? If so, then yes it does that. But if you mean running it an effects loop like I tried to do and having it bypassed there, no it doesn't. Ordered a boss gt6b for just that reason.

I found there was a light hum all the time from it even when all effects and cabs were off. I like to have quiet gear so that was a knock against. Also, the octaver .. well, sucked hard. You can find my comments on it both here and in the line6 forums.

I found the tone to be Ok on the unit, but my Eden preamp had better tone - my personal preference. If you don't want the cab sims and effects maybe just get a nice preamp with and a seperate chorus pedal.

Good luck
    Booker

3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    1. No

2. Who cares

3. No

I am sorry, but PODs are the worst joke ever played on bass players. Now comes the hard part; getting rid of the thing!

4. bortx

bortx

Sep 9, 2004
    Ha ha, yeah, lucky I just rented mine for the month. Got the line6 shortboard with it, it never even came out the packaging.

5. I'm going to return mine for something else,

MEH

6. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Returned mine too.
    Thought it might be a neat toy or useful tool, but
    it just seemed soulless.
    Guitar Center isn't all bad. Nice to be able to try stuff out in a real world setting, realize it doesn't cut the mustard, and bring it back.

Some of the settings were OK, but no better than OK.
    I'm sticking with ancient analog devices.

7. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan