Bass Pod

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassistjedi, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Has anyone used the Line 6 Bass pod? My friend was telling me that the pod was the most freakin awesome thing in the world. I was just wondering if anyone agrees/disagrees or has any feedback at all.

Thank you,

2. Funk Warts

Funk Warts

Jun 13, 2001
    London, UK
    They are truly awesome awesome awesome. They can do just about anything better than anything else. However, they cost about £300 (around $450 I think) but worth EVERY PENNY.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    They're OK. Right now, Musician's Friend and GC have them at $349, and a $100 mail-in rebate. You could get it for less. I paid $300 for mine at GC before the rebate was available.
  4. I love mine, however I just sent mine back over 2 weeks ago....The darn thing started clipping on stage, needless to say the soundguy almost spazzed...My cab and the PA started fluttering insanely, until I hit the power switch... I have not heard from the retailer that sent it back for me, and when I called they said they have heard nothing either... It is still under warranty, and I am P!$$ed!!!! I don't even have a tuner anymore, I used the POD for everything... I was thinking of buying the rack mount version, but I have to see about their customer service first...So far not too good...
    Any suggestions are appreciated....
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I wasen't very impressed when I gave it a quick test-drive with headphones. The only nice sound I found was Ampeg-copy and even it sounded bit plastic.
  6. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    the bass pod is a very useful tool on many different levels. it emulates different heads (sunn, eden, ampeg, etc), different cabs (ampeg, hartke, etc) of different sizes (4x10, 1x15, 4x15, 1x18, etc). it also has different effects (chorus, flanger, distortion, etc). i used it a lot running through a pa system (until i bought my hartke rig - but haven't had time to mess with combining the 2 yet). it is great for practicing (it's maybe 5 lbs) when you don't want to haul your rig to rehersal, or just sitting around the house (headphones jack). i haven't had any clipping problems with it whatsoever. it was possibly the greatest accessory i've purchased, although i'm sure it isn't for everyone...
  7. Logic_11

Nov 22, 2015
    I have a bass pod and i have been playing bass for about ten years. Its the only pedal i use. I use it mainly to help help my tone. I have a 200 dollar jazz affinity series bass and i use the amp models and cabinet settings to make my bass sound clearer and it really helps. I play for different churches and it really does the job for me.
    Since i play for churches, I haven't really messed with the effects other than a bit of overdrive using the drive knob (depending on the amp model, you get a bit of overdrive if you turn the drive knob all the way up), so i can't really say a lot about them.

I got mine for $80 used on guitar
  8. Dark Barn

Dark Barn Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2010
  9. I had a bass pod I played a couple gigs with way back and more recently a pod HD. Really I wouldn't gig with them these days at all. They are cool for headphone practicing, quickly recording demos as you don't need an interface to connect the HD to a computer and kind of pointing you in the direction of what gear you might like. The pod HD has all the m5,m9, and m13 effects which are fun to mess around with but when I sold mine they only has one ampeg bass amp model. The bass pod is what got me into my SWR/Eden phase because those were my favorite models on it.

I'd reccomend getting an analog unit, like a sans amp or a darkglass b7k. Digital delays and reverbs are cool but most digital stuff sounds horrible IMO. If you want a ton of variety for about the same cost id reccomend getting a sans amp and the line 6 m5 which has all the effects that are in The pod HD minus the looper which is useless anyways if you don't pay extra for the floorboard. but you can only use one at a time on the m5.