Bass Pod

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by air_leech, Sep 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    hey everyone on Talk Bass forum.

I just saw a Bass Pod the other day and was very imppressed.
    this thing might save me money and backaches which will come in the future when I buy a stack and get rid of my combo amp.
    but what I want to know is will the Bass Pod fill the place of a Preamp if I decide one day that I want a rackmount system? is it good enough pluged into a power amp? and can someone who actually played all these great amps featured on the pod tell me how close the POD is to the real thing?

thanks in advance.
  2. Well my opinion is that nothing of your bass' original tone and personality is let through. SO you will sound the same if you play a sh!tty(I really hate this silly american censorship) 50$ bass or a 1000$ bass. But If you like that then its ok I guess. I think it is cutting your signal into digital signal at once and then just playing the algorithms for the "amp" selected, thats why your bass personality wont show up. Too bad you cant tweak it like a real amp. Did this make any sense? Hope so.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Welcome to Talkbass, Air Leech. Usually, I'd move a topic like this to the effects forum, but seeing as there already is a Pod thread there (see The Pod Squad)I'm just going to close this particular one.

As for the the "american censorship" thing, I think you'll find that most internet sites that are targeted at various age groups ask their members to mind their language regardless of where they're from. People with good command of the english language can express themselves just fine.

Will C.:cool:

[Edited by Big Wheel on 09-12-2000 at 04:27 PM]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.