Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass POD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sting_ray_boy, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Hey what is your opinion on the Line 6 Bass POD or the Bass POD Pro. Has anyone got one or knows anyone that could give me some feed back
    Thanks

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    As a studio tool, it's a very cool unit. It's got alot of very cool tones lurking under its hood. As a standalone effects processor, however, I found it to be terrible.

3. I bought a pod pro shortly after they came out and I returned it 3 days later because I found that it was very difficult to get my clean uncolored sound with that thing. I much prefer a good clean preamp. I know the guitar version of the pod produces nothing but thin brittle tones for recording.

4. I've got the pod pro and I've used it in both studio and live. For studio it is really cool. In a live situation, it is fun. I wish it had a blend knob.

5. ece99

ece99

Jan 6, 2003
    I dont know what the hell MR General
    is thinking while writing about pod for guitar !
    I dont know about the BASS pod BUT i have a POD for guitar and it sound awesome both on recording and live use !
    So get out of the guitar
    pod's way !
    It saves life !
    It is a revolutinary recording and gigging tool !
    Greatest amp simulations ever !!!!!!!!!

6. What the Pod Pro needs is a true by-pass. If you are running it in you effects loop, you can't just turn it off and use your regular sound. A lot of people never really GET the pod. It takes hours of listening and tweaking to really find what you're listening for. You have so many choices and you can vary them to suit yourself. But when you first start playing with it, everything sorta sounds like sh!t. It takes time to sort it all out. A lot of players just want to plug it in and play some bass. They just need 2 or 3 different sounds and they are happy.

7. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    [​IMG]
    "Just let us put this POD under your bed. You will be one of us. The POD will gently absorb and assimilate all your favorite amps and effects. They'll be the same......only better. All will be well. So peaceful.....I am at peace now.....I am one with the POD.

8. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well okay, this summer im buying a fender jazz fretless MIJ *grin* and either an Ampeg 100 watt Combo or the Bass Pod Pro. What would be better? Its the newer 100 watt. Im not really a bass effects guy cause i have no use for effects in the type of music i play. (mostly punky type stuff, Descendents, Lagwagon, Big Drill Car.)
    The sound I have in my head is this Boomy, but Trebly Jazz Bass Tone, I wanted to add some mwa to it by getting a fretless, doing the Jaco Trick with the fretboard and putting on some roundwounds.
    The tone i want is kind of a mix between Mike Watt and Tony Lombardo's Tone except More MWWWWA sounding. Would a Bass Pod be good if im going straight into the Mixer??

9. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Would a Bass Pod be good if im going straight into the Mixer?? Yes this is what the Pod does best IMHO

10. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    The Bass Pod would be excellent when having to go directly into a mixer. Probably the best time you would "have" to use it.

For Punk music it is not necessary.It depends on what style of punk. Are you into the Grungy style where the sound is very twangy or into a Deep smooth sounding tone. If you like the Grungy sound then don't fret about getting a Bass Pod.

If you wanna be "different" within the punk scene like The Clash the get the Bass Pod..

11. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    I thought someone asked about using the Pod for Punk music. hmmm nevermind

12. Logic_11

Logic_11

Nov 22, 2015
    The amp models, cabinet types, and eq knobs really help my tone

13. Logic_11

Logic_11

Nov 22, 2015
    I have a bass pod and i have been playing bass for about ten years. Its the only pedal i use. I use it mainly to help help my tone. I have a 200 dollar jazz affinity series bass and i use the amp models and cabinet settings to make my bass sound clearer and it really helps. I play for different churches and it really does the job for me.
    Since i play for churches, I haven't really messed with the effects other than a bit of overdrive using the drive knob (depending on the amp model, you get a bit of overdrive if you turn the drive knob all the way up), so i can't really say a lot about them.