Bass PODxt LIVE????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by caesarbass, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Has anyone checked one of these things out??? I need, we need, some real world evaluation here!!!! The only thing that these guys don't get is...put an XLR out on these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I talked to line 6 a long time ago when the original POD came out, and their excuse for not putting an XLR out on the POD was cost. They would have to completely re-do the mold for for the guitar POD. Oh no, that would mean that they would have to make a dedicated product specifically made for bass, not just a guitar product that could be "made" into a bass effect unit. That has always really put me off from buying any line 6 equipment, but if the POD xt LIVE is happening, I'll have to break down and buy one. Any opinions on the whole XLR out thing..????
  2. That's exactly what I thought regarding the XLR although I am still very keen to try one, I must admit it looks tempting.

I have a theory that if I was to buy one, Boss would release a GT8B that would blow it out of the water!
  3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    whered you find one? I looked on thier website but nothing. I work at a samash and i saw it in the computer the other day but we dont have one yet. Ive heard mixed reviews about the guitar version so well see.
  4. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I think you'll find the "sound" would be the same as the Bass PODxt or the Bass PODxt Pro. The "live" pretty-much just adds foot-switches and an odd feature or two.

The PODxts are well regarded for their modeling (amp/cabinet/mic), but the effects are a "mixed bag". Some effects are good, but complex effects like "octave" or "synth" are not.
  5. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I have a POD XT (bean one) and both of the outputs (modeled and DI) are 1/4" TRS. Just buy your self an 1/4 trs to XLR cord and your in business. I used to run mine through a 100 foot snake and it never lost much signal or gained any noise or hiss.

Like others though I've found the pod a little sterile sounding and the effects leave a lot to be desired, especially the synths. I definately think it is one of those things that sounds good recorded or jaming through the headphones but for live use it's so so. I still ocassionally use it when stage space is limited and sometimes for pratice.