Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass PODxt Mp3's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dabluesman, Dec 16, 2003.

1. dabluesman

dabluesman Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Tennessee
    I got a Bass PODxt about a week ago and have been remixing the bass tracks on a few of my mp3's to test it out. The first one is my cover of Robin Trower's "In My Dream" though It's pretty boring bass wise (just three notes played over and over... though the rest of the song is really nice.) The other is a song I wrote a while back called "Believe" (which is kind of hardrock/metal) though I totally rewrote the bass track from its boring four notes played over and over to an all out riffing fest on my mid 90's MIJ Fender 60's reissue Jazz Bass. I really like the tone I got on this one, its balls to the walls. I set the Bass PODxt to a Fender Dual Showman amp with a '67 Marshall Basketweave 4x12 cab with pre-Rola 20 watt Celestion greenback speaker's. Anyways, let me know what you think! Oh, anyone else here have any bass podxt mp3's? I'd like to hear them!

Believe Bass Remix mp3

In My Dream Bass Remix mp3

2. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks for posting those. Do you have anymore? They don't have to be studio quality. I would love to hear some of the patches and effects.

3. Kheos

Kheos

Aug 12, 2002
    Belgium
    what where de effects you used on both tracks?
    also, I like the sound quality. did you just plug your bass in your pod and your pod into your pc?

4. dabluesman

Mar 29, 2000
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the comments! Those two are the only one's I have right now where I used the Bass PODxt. Thought I'm planning on remixing one of my old one's with a new Bass PODxt bass track in a day or so. I have about eight older mp3's that I recorded the bass by pluging in a SansAmp Bass DI pedal into a Johnson J-Station modeler (set to a Fender Bassman preset), then ran the J-Station to my computer. With these two new tracks, I just pluged my bass into the Bass PODxt then pluged the PODxt into my computer. I usually dont use any effects on the bass, just a little bit of reverb in the PODxt. Those other (J-Station) mp3's are on my wetsite www.dabluesman.com

5. nice sound:bassist: epsecially great work on the first song

6. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    I have the Bass Pod XT also, and I downloaded the software from Line6.com and plugged the Pod into my computer via USB cable. Can I record onto my computer with it? I have no idea what do with the USB cable, I know I'm stupid. If I can then I'll send you guys some of my bass tunes. But I need help...

7. dabluesman

Mar 29, 2000
    Tennessee
    I havent tried the usb cable with my Bass PODxt. I record by using the Model Output. But you should be able to plug in the usb cable, then the PODxt should show up as a recording device in your recording software.