Bass PODxt smokes for direct recording.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by PhilaCPJ, Jan 9, 2006.

1. My friend and I got more than a little drunk in his basement where we house the project studio and wrote a fitting tribute to 80's cock rock (I love that ****, man) called "Devil in a G-String". No vocals. Actually, no vocals we're willing release. Seriously. We're both awful. The guitarist sang for about 5 minutes without taking a breath and almost passed out.

The mix isn't final and the bass might be a tad low (which is good, because I played a couple bum notes), but I used a PODxt on the classic rock setting straight into the audio interface. It sounds KILLER. +1 on the PODxt.

Here's the link:

Check it out and let me know what you think. For a rough mix and a single cut, it's pretty good. If you have questions about the gear, how we recorded, etc. I'm more than happy to answer them.

2. What is your setup? I see you have a bass pod xt.. i am considering one of those... can you tell me more about it?
  3. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    If anyone wants one, I have one for sale. I used it about 10 hours. Like new in box, all materials and BassSmith software.

I don't record and went with a BDDI for a preamp instead.

$200 shipped. Email me.