Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass PODxt smokes for direct recording.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by PhilaCPJ, Jan 9, 2006.

1. My friend and I got more than a little drunk in his basement where we house the project studio and wrote a fitting tribute to 80's cock rock (I love that ****, man) called "Devil in a G-String". No vocals. Actually, no vocals we're willing release. Seriously. We're both awful. The guitarist sang for about 5 minutes without taking a breath and almost passed out.

The mix isn't final and the bass might be a tad low (which is good, because I played a couple bum notes), but I used a PODxt on the classic rock setting straight into the audio interface. It sounds KILLER. +1 on the PODxt.

Here's the link: http://home.comcast.net/~jskorenko/GStringDevilDemo.mp3

Check it out and let me know what you think. For a rough mix and a single cut, it's pretty good. If you have questions about the gear, how we recorded, etc. I'm more than happy to answer them.

.chris

2. What is your setup? I see you have a bass pod xt.. i am considering one of those... can you tell me more about it?

3. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    If anyone wants one, I have one for sale. I used it about 10 hours. Like new in box, all materials and BassSmith software.

I don't record and went with a BDDI for a preamp instead.

$200 shipped. Email me.