1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Poll

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobaloo, Sep 24, 2001.

1. bobaloo

bobaloo

Aug 26, 2001
    Newport News, Va.
    Yamaha!?! I never thought that would be my vote but... I own a Fender Am Dlx Jazz V and really love it except for the B string which I merely like alot. Well, recently I went to my local Guitar Center for a clearance sale with the intention of picking up a MIM Jazz for a back up bass. There I found a Yammie TRBII 5. It had a small nick in the side (down to the wood) and was marked down to (gulp) $499. I plugged it in and then bought it. Lo and behold, after playing it for awhile it became my numbah one! The B string is TIGHT and the neck is great! Nice growly tone and great action. A bit noisier than the Fender but when you're playing you don't hear it. Same spacing at the bridge as the Fender but quite a bit narrower at the nut. I actually like that better and I think it would be a real advantage for a woman or someone with smaller hands ( I have meathooks). So, go figure.

2. Hey,sounds like you scored a good deal on a killer bass,dude!:)

I am not very familiar with the yamahas but I have heard tons of good things about them.Hope you and "numbah won" make some great noise together!
    :D

Usul