Bass practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scroller, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Scroller

Jul 16, 2005
    I'm looking for a reliable little practice amp in the $100-150.00 range. I'm not looking for anything fancy but I will be plugging in a wah pedal and distortion just for s#!ts and giggles (and Geezer riffs). I had a crappy one a few years back that died so I'm just wondering which models others have tried and found to be a good value...Thanks.
  2. Ibanez SW35

I have the 65 watt version of this amp and it has been very kind to me. It hasn't died on me after a year of using it for my band (full volume all the time, and the speaker was distorting). I would say that they are pretty reliable. Nice sound also.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    In another thread, someone wrote that Musician's Friend is selling off their stock of SWR Workingman's 10s and 12s. The WM12 is $299 and a fine amp...might be worth the extra bux in the long run.

The WM12 has a single 12 and a tweeter with a three position switch on the back for having the 12 and tweeter on, the 12 by itself or the speaker off for using headphones...
  4. I can agree with the Ibenez amps......I bought the 65w Amp/cab combo 2 years ago to use for basement practices. Big sound with many little features..
    I am putting her up for sale soon , so email me if any interest.
    Check out the reviews , most people love them.
  5. I recently bought a new Peavey Microbass off ebay for $80 shipped. I use it at small, acoustic group practices; other bassists have commented that it sounds really good.
  6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I have this one and I'm pretty happy with it. I've also read very good comments about this one.
  7. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Hartke A35....excellent little amp.
  8. Vote for the Microbass.