1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Practice Headphones

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by verstft, Nov 27, 2017.

1. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    It's Cyber Monday. Looking to pick up either ATH M50X or Beyer DT770 Pro 80 ohms for silent practicing.

I own a pair of DT880's (250ohms) for mixing but the semi-open don't get super loud and I can hear all the fret clank and outside noise, so I prefer closed.

Mostly I just want to make sure they have great bass. Anybody have any experience with either?

2. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    Bump. Anybody? :(

3. wizay

wizay

Mar 5, 2008
    Norway
    Following. Been looking at m50x for this purpose my self

4. BryanB

BryanB Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I like the audio technica m50x's too. Very good phones for the price that produces a very accurate representation of your sound.

verstft likes this.
  5. icetin

icetin

Mar 14, 2004
    istanbul, Turkey
    I bought the DT-770 Pro during Black Friday but it's nothing extraordinary to my ears, unlike all the positive reviews I had read a hundred times prior to buying it (I drive it with my Audient id14 audio interface, pretty loud, so it's not a "use a headphone amp" thing).

verstft likes this.
  6. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    Just ordered the M50. It’s going to be hard to match the comfort of my DT880s. We’ll see.

7. verstft

verstft

May 16, 2016
    M50's arrived. Good isolation. Good bass sound and my Apollo has no issues driving them hard.
    Definitely much more bass friendly than both my Senheisers HD280 Pros and my DT880's.

wizay likes this.
  8. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Don't have a lot of knowledge about headphones admittedly, but for all it's worth my Sennheiser HD 380 Pro headphones in my opinion sounds amazing with nearly everything you feed into them, in the sense that they recreate the sound source pretty close to as it is all over the frequency spectrum to my ears.

They damn better do too, cause while not being insanely expensive, they were in sort of the middle/upper price range of headphones that works well for studio use.

Probably there are even better alternatives, and probably there would be cheaper ones as well that would work well for your application, but this is pretty much what I can contribute with to the topic.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017