Bass prices?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lsu921, Jun 22, 2004.

1. lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I'm ready to buy a Roscoe, or MTD and BC has a few I'm interested in. Are the prices on the website set in stone, or are they negotiable?

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Talk to Gard and tell him you are from Talk Bass, we take care of our own :) . Best of Luck. :bassist:
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've used Bass Central several times in the past, highly recommended from me, that's for sure. Their "list" prices are negotiable for certain, and their "sale" prices may or may not, depending on the item. Give Gard a call, he will certainly do everything he can for you, and you won't have to wonder whether you could have gotten a better deal anywhere else. If not spot on the lowest, they will be darned close.
  4. I bought my mtd 535 and eden xlt cab from them, and sure they are negotiable. They gave me an excellent price through email, and in the store it even went lower. Excellent people to deal with. :)
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Amen. He might steer you on to something different, if he thinks it is a good deal. And even if he can't, he will shoot you a price you can't beat, IME.

I've spent a few grand with them and I never saw anyone who could beat the prices I paid.

Moreover, the credo among the stars who are the store's owners is - "We never made anyone keep a bass they didn't want." (However, I'm sure that means the buyer didn't mar it).

They are a class act.
  6. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yeah, Beaver does a good job down there. I like how they do business. Even if they are a little higher priced than some, I'd pay extra for the extra service.
  7. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I can definately say that Gard takes care of the TBers, haven't dealt with the others but working with Gard has made BassCentral the place where I go if I need to get anything, speaking of which I'm going to call now and order me some straps :p
  8. I've bought an MTD 535, a Fodera Vic Wooten Classic and an Elrick 5 from Bass Central----these guys are the best, bar none, you won't get a better deal.
  9. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Absolutley. Bass Central gave me a great deal on my fretless Thumb and shipped it to me from Florida to California in two days!

When I get ready to buy another bass I'm not even concidering going anywhere else.
  10. venturawest

Apr 29, 2004
    i bought my stingray 5 from them, sight unseen, by phone. they gave me a great price.

three months later i went into their store since i was coincidentally in orlando on business. the whole staff there was fantastic. gard was unbelievably hospitable and a tremendous person to know and work with.

i'll buy everything from them in the future. yes, they'll negotiate (and if the price is as low as they'll go, they'll tell you - and you can rest assured it won't be any more $ than any other store). the support they'll provide is unbeatable.

best of all, the website is slightly out of date, ie they have way, way more than what's listed there. call them, talk to gard, tell him one of us sent you and you're a TBer. i guarantee you won't regret it.
  11. lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    Thanks everyone! I gave Gard a call. Super nice guy. The two basses I was most interested in are sold.. :crying:

He gave me some great prices on some new Roscoe's though.. I'm also considering some offers from TB'ers. Thanks again.

I will post some pictures when I finally decide on something!
  12. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    They are too expensive IMO and I called once about some basses and all of them were long gone sold but the website didn't say other wise even though it was updated twice since they sold.
    There honestly are better retailers for trade and competitive pricing IMO. They wouldn't budge from 2k on a used Lakland 55-94! Bass Palace just sold a 02' used one for 1700. So I think their prices are questionable.Trades? forgetabout trades with them. I've tried and they don't offer much. Just my experience with online bass buying.
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You have to consider the condition of a used bass in the pricing.

In any case, as far as new gear goes I know they have the best prices from searching. Gard is great to work with and just like everyone else I highly recommend giving them a call. He's put up with my anoying calls and e-mails plenty of times. :D
  14. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Bass Central hooked me up... Give 'em a call!
  15. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I bought an Eden WT-550 and two Aguilar GS112s from Gard before I discovered TB. Easy to deal with, great customer service. I would buy from them again. :D
  16. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    Gard has always been good to me. Actually everyone I've dealt with at Bass Central has been super cool to deal with. A great store and great people
  17. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Definitly talk to Gard. I talked to him about a Spector Euro recently. They didnt have any used, but gave me some very nice prices on new. If I hadnt won an auction on Ebay for a used Spector, I would have went through him.