1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass product manufacturing

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Mr. Pickles, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Hello everyone. I have a few ideas for bass specific accessories that I would like to manufacture. I have no business background; as such, I'm totally clueless how to begin.

Does anyone here have experience creating and developing a product and seeing it through to manufacture?

Any help on the following topics would be appreciated:
    patents, small business start-up, music product manufacturing, etc.

My ideas aren't quite earth shattering, but I believe there would be a potential market. Not only that, but I think it may be time for a career change!;)

Thanks,
    Mr. Pickles

2. Having started 3 new businesses, one had over 125 employees, one had 45, the last one, was only 1, me. When people make their hobby or passion into a business, usually, the problem arises in poor management and money handling. I would suggest you take some type of business management course which covers, marketing and tax compliance.

3. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    That's a sound idea. I will look into some classes at the local universities.

You hit the nail on the head: I'm hoping to turn my passion into a business opportunity.