Bass project advices

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JuanLL97, Jul 10, 2019.

1. JuanLL97

JuanLL97

Jun 24, 2019
    I'm building a custom bass (already have the body with all parts)
    I need the neck with all its parts (tuners, strings tree, plate, custom decal) and some electronics (I would like to install a preamp and a bridge pickup)

Where do you recommend me to buy those things (good price and decent quality)? I don't want to spend more than 250 dollars (spent $80 on the body) so I have $170 for the other parts

Any advice?

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  2. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    What's the brand/ style is the body? What kind of neck do you want?

Wilkinson makes great budget hardware and pickups. Find on Ebay. You can also find used squier parts on ebay, reverb, TB.

I find the best neck prices are here on TB. But you can find deals elsewhere. I see them occasionally on local FB marketplace.

There are those sub $100 necks on amazon/ebay... I'm wary of them but have read some happy stories here. If I was in your shoes, I'd spend the lions share of my budget on a decent neck.

You could also get a pawn shop or local classified bass for cheap, and harvest for parts.

3. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    JuanLL97 likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021