Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Project

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Well the body for my bass project is ready for a finish and a neck..

Here are just a few pictures for you

Mahogany Centre with AAAA Flamed Maple front and back...

Its going to finishes in a dark rich purple burst.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wow, really beautiful...
    Congrats, looking forward to see the finish result!

Vince

3. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Oh my God! I thought nothing could scratch my love for J bass body shape ... but this one is probably the best bass body I've ever seen!! Classy wood choice and GREAT design ... post more pics as the bass is complete!

4. hey,

was thinking last nite of a good headstock shape to have on this bass...

Does anyone have any good idea's as to what I should do...

hehe

cheers

5. I would maybe try and encorporate the design of that lower horn, they way it droops off could look great with the headstock with a kinda PRS shaped head but a little longer then the bottom point shaped similar to the lower horn.

Similar to the Fbass in Vince's avatar but with the lower point curling in a subtle way like the lower horn if the body?

Perhaps someone on the same wavelength could photo shop a few ideas?

Will it have a matching headstock, with a Maple top?? that would look stunning!!

Stu

6. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Definitely go for a 2+2 design. I'll try a elaborate something of my own starting from Zon, Alembic "crown" or Carl Thompson headstock designs.

7. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    wow, thats kool. congrats

-jacob

8. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I like purple finishes on basses but that looks really great and classy as i would leave it but thats IMO. Either way it will look great. Deffintaly go with a 2+2 head stock like mention along the lines a thompson or zon.