1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass reccomendations

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass_Man_Al, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Bass_Man_Al

Bass_Man_Al

Jun 19, 2007
    ok this is myfirst post and i want a new bass, i have been playing the bass for like 3 years now and i want a decent bass, can i ask of any reccomendations? i like the look of the ibanez basses especially the EDB 405 but looks aren't everythin and i just wanna know any decent lookin and sounding basses out there. if you need to know my music preference i like to play metal music for example i love to play metallica, but if you know of any all round basses then that would be awesome too

2. Jason Newsted used J's, and I believe Robert Trujillo uses Zon and Tobias.

3. Bass_Man_Al

Bass_Man_Al

Jun 19, 2007
    thanks but do you know anythin cheaper? i know i didn't specify a price but sorry about the, anything around £400 would be wicked.

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

All around basses, and made with decent quality? The first models that come to mind are the Fender Jazz and Fender Precision. There is NO kind of music that can't be played successfully and well on one or the other.

Timeless, recognized everywhere. The Jazz has a bit more tonal flexibility than the P because of its dual pickups. They're available used well within your budget.

5. And that about does that. :D We can pretty much close this thread here and now. :smug:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021