1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass recomandations in 700-1000 euros

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Overture, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Overture

Overture

Apr 3, 2008
    I play in a hard rock band and will go in studio with this band. and i also play in school jazz big band. So i need a bass that can go from smooth jazz sound to cutting hard rock sound. i already looked ibanez btb. i hope you guys could recomand me something(700-1000eruro). i also thinked about fender J bass but what in that price range?
    and i almost forgot i want a 5 stringer. 700-1000eur= 1100-1625$
    sorry for my bad english!

2. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    Where do you live? You can check out Laklands if they're available in your area; 44-01&55-01 whould be within your price range at worst. Also I've come accross a nice European brand recently named "Blade". They make a super-nice J-clone which sells new at €600 here. I also recommend Yamaha basses, they make good stuff for the money.

3. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    you could find a nice used Warwick for those kinds of bucks i would imagine...

OR

something more conventional i.e. Fender J-Bass used maybe??

4. Overture

Overture

Apr 3, 2008
    I live in Estonia but righ now i am in Finland.

5. Overture

Overture

Apr 3, 2008
    Can anybody talk about blade basses?what they sound like and hows the feel of the neck?

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I have the four string version of this, it's pretty sweet, and covers a lot of tones.
    Although, last week I modded the three way switch to be series/single/parallel rather than single/parallel/single.
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/cort_gb75_opn.htm

7. FingeringAm

FingeringAm Inactive

Jun 28, 2008
    So Cal
    warwick corvette standard 4 or 5 string - new there like $1200 (800 quid) - they have a killer jazz tone - but can also dial in that amazing warwick growl perfect for hard rock - id kill for one

8. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    Blade distributor in Finland:
    Millbrook Musiikki OY
    Pohjoisranta 22
    00170 Helsinki,Finland
    Tel: +358-9-1351488
    Fax: +358 9135 1588
    www.millbrook.fi
    info@millbrook.fi

I only spent about 15 minutes with it (Tetra B1 Standard) and I was blown away with the workmanship and this was their cheapest. It sounded like a good old J-bass in passive mode, it had a very comfortable neck. It has a special active circuit engaged by pulling the tone knob which does a fixed frequency mid-boost. That also sounded very good - almost P-like. If I were looking for a J-bass at the time I'd definitely buy it, given its price it blows away every AS Fender J I've seen (which sells around €1500 here). The bass is made in Japan and I am always an advocate of Japanese craftmanship.

9. Overture

Overture

Apr 3, 2008
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021