Bass Refinishing/Decal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Charlie Quatro, Jun 7, 2001.

1. I am looking to get a Fender Jazz V and have it refinished to Fiesta Red with matching headstock.

The one refinishing company I saw on the web said they would not apply Fender Decals.
    If I have the headstock refinished how do I get a new decal applied?

Also, where can I get a Fender Jazz decal?

Anybody know of any quality refinishing shops?

2. Hello Charlie.

'Not sure that I can really answer your question in full....after all I'm in England!!!:D

Over here, it seems that you just can't (say) walk into a store and get a Fender Decal: I think that also applies to major components such as a neck. From what I understand, that's to protect their good name. They naturally don't want someone attempting to sell cobbled-together instruments as genuine Fenders. I guess it'd be much the same in USA.

I'm sure some contact with Fender would be an advantage. Explain what you're planning and see if there's anything they can do to help.

There's perhaps one more thing. Will you devalue the $$$ of the instrument by doing this? Might not be important now but if ever you needed to sell you might have great difficulty persuading a potential buyer of it's parentage. Just a thought.

Rockin John
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  4. A HA! We meet again Charlie. I think somewhere in the Warmoth site they give the address & phone #
    of a Company in Arizona that makes/sells Fender decals, and they (Warmoth) disclaims that they are in any way connected with Fender. I think it's at the end of the neck section.

Mike J.