1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass refinishing in Cleveland, OH

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Masher88, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Anyone know of any luthier's who do a good job of refinishing basses in the Cleveland, Ohio area? I'm looking to get my G&L L-2000 painted and can't find a reputable guy in the area to do it.

2. I don't know that particular brands neck construction, but if it is a bolt-on, you can remove everything sand off the paint and take it to an auto body shop for painting

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I think that's a bit beyond my expertise. I could probably take it apart just fine, but putting it back together and having it play well is something different.

I'd also be afraid that a car guy wouldn't know much about painting wood and using the right paints and stuff. I'm sure that there are guys out there that are great at painting everything, but I'd feel more comfortable with someone who does guitars exclusively

4. ok, but if you look at the original fenders, they were finished in auto paint, and I bet whoever you take your bass to for setups could put everything back together, but other than that I don't know

5. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    check this guy out. i knew a cat who had a couple of basses made by him. they did good work.

www.hillinstruments.com

6. PTBassMan

PTBassMan

May 11, 2005
    Barberton, OH