1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass rental in San Diego?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by rkiel22, Apr 2, 2009.

1. rkiel22

rkiel22

Apr 2, 2009
    Hey Everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and my trio is playing a couple of slots at the Adams Avenue Roots Festival at the end of the month. I would love to fly down and rent a bass.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to where I can rent an upright of fair to good quality in the San Diego area?

Thanks a ton. And thank you for all the info you all have provided me without your knowing. ;)

Russ
    russkiel@gmail.com

2. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    You may want to track down David Millard. He doesn't have a storefront, but is THE guy in San Diego doing bass repair/setup. He might have a bass available for you, or he might put you in touch with Roger Woodall, who has several instruments. You could also try calling Lemur Music. They're about an hour north of San Diego, a quick trip up the 5 freeway. I'm sure Jerry can hook you up with something.

3. jlilley

jlilley

Aug 28, 2005
    Mill Creek, WA
    You may also want to check with Hammond Ashley:
    6255 Ferris Square, Suite E San Diego, CA 92121 | Ph: 858-623-0036
    Good Luck,
    John

4. Sadly Roger's passed away a few years's ago

5. mheintz

mheintz

Nov 18, 2004
    I checked around for rentals when I was in San Diego last summer. Unfortunately, Hammond did not rent at that time.

6. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Try Lemur music in San Juan Capistrano - it's about 60 minutes north of SD or so.

Louis