Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass rental ouside of NYC

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Jazzman, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    In a couple weeks I am bringing my American Standard down to Arnold Schnitzer for repairs. I am looking to rent a bass for the week or two that mine is down. Arnold said he doesn't rent basses, so I am looking for suggestions. I am driving from Northern Vermont...basically just taking 87 down through New York State.

Anyone know of any shops that rent basses along or not far from that route?

2. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    I think that there is a shop in burlington. I might be on crack, but I swear there may be. Metropolitan basses, maybe? I dunno. If it exists, I'd check it out.

3. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Met music is in Stowe, but they don't rent either. If there is a bass shop in Burlington, I have never heard of it, nor have any other bassists that I know in this area. Thanks for your help though.

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Check with Geoff Morrow at bassgarden.net....let him know you have a bass in for repairs at arnold's.

5. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    We're in Rochester, so I don't think we'd be of much use to you. There is John Keal Music in Albany, their number is (518) 482-4405.

Have you checked with Burlington Violins, or Vermont Violins in Montpelier?

6. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks a lot for the info guys. I had no clue Burlington Violins had basses (I have only seen their sign and violins in the window)...I shot them an email. I also sent one to the Bass Garden. If those two fail, I will give Keal a call.

The info on this board is priceless.

7. ctcruiser

ctcruiser

Jan 16, 2005
    West Haven, CT
    If you come down I-91 through CT, you can call on David Mix in Branford, CT. He has a house full of basses. (203-488-7368 or davidmix.com)