1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass replacement speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eleveniseven, Jun 24, 2007.

1. eleveniseven

eleveniseven Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    i am looking to buy 2 10's for a project im building, the amp is going to be an ampeg svt 3 pro, this is a 2 10 combo, and ill probably run another extension cab off of it, can anyone give me some ideas of what speakers are the best, i play slap, rock, more of a modern sound. thanks for any ideas,
    also, i am very interested in the new celestion orange label line, but i cant find anyone at all that can get them...?
    thanks again
    rich

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    What speakers are best depends on the design of your box---OR---The best design for your box depends on the speaker being used, etc. They're designed to work together.

3. eleveniseven

eleveniseven Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    well, i guess i could have told you what box i was using, it is a peavey 210 txr combo cabinet, unfortunately i dont have the dimensions handy,
    i would just be happy if i could find a friggin place to buy the new celestions, but no place i can find has them..

4. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Bump to subscribe.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Have you confirmed their T/S specs to be sure they are even compatable with the cabinet? I've never been able to find specs on Celestions and for that reason have removed them from consideration.

6. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I have the same cab and I replaced the peaveys with Madison Sound warriors. Not a bad speaker for the price. Only problem I had was the speakers came with 6 holes an only 2 holes lined up. I got an ok from the seller to drill holes in the speakers they sent and they do just as good a job as the peaveys. Be sure the speaker they are selling has 8 holes. :eyebrow:

7. eleveniseven

eleveniseven Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    cool, thanks for the info rumblethump, also, i havent found any real in depth specs for the celestions, it is pretty crazy really, you cant find anything on them, i am about to write them off as well

8. sokolasty

sokolasty

Dec 11, 2006
    Poland
    I always ask Dr. Decibel. He answers. I recently got T/S specs of BL10-150 and BL10-200. Look like Emi Delta, but xmax is 2 and 2,15

info@celestion.com

9. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Hopeless Xmax for bass use. Basslite or DeltaLite II are a far better choice.

Alex

10. May I ask a ? on the subject? I'm curious about replacment speakers for my hartke 210 combo amp and my 2.5 XL cabinet. Not that I have any problems with them but I'm always looking for better. I do play a 5 string bass and power them with a Hartke 3500. Thanks mm7722

11. billfitzmaurice

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Finding better drivers would require comparing the T/S specs of potential replacements to the T/S specs of the originals. Finding the T/S specs of the originals would be just about as fruitful a quest as finding Saddam's WMDs.

12. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Cabinet-tuning issues aside (and I'm not proposing that we set them aside as a general rule), take a look at Carvin's speakers. I found some nice neo's (12s, in this case) on their site once which were on sale for about 50 bucks each. They sound fantastic.

Otherwise, go to the Avatar site and check out the Eminence speakers (if Eminence is to your taste).

13. Harpo61

Harpo61

Dec 15, 2000
    Tampa Bay
    I Replaced My PAS 10 in My Redhead with Eminance BassLites
    CH2010 which sound better the the PAS that they replaced (I still wish the Redhead had more headroom ) I am very pleased
    the do fart as much !

14. TheBishop

TheBishop

Dec 4, 2006
    The best advice I can give is contact an engineer. I had the same situation. I was rebuilding a '66 Fender Bandmaster cab that I was going to use with another '73 Bandmaster equipped with 2x15 Eminence Kappa Pro's. I contacted Eminence directly, just look up their customer service number on their website @ http:/www.eminence.com - I told the engineer what I had in mind. He asked for the dimensions of the cab and how much power I was driving them with. He did some jethro math and suggested the Delta 10B speakers for mine and they sound great with my 2x15's. If you really want to get the right speakers, contact Eminence and they'll stear you in the right direction. AND THE ADVICE IS FREE!!

15. billfitzmaurice

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Carvin gets their drivers from Eminence as well.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021