1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bass reproduction below audible level??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JDT, Apr 15, 2006.

1. My headphones are falling apart, so I'm looking for some new ones. And while musing around on the sennheiser site I came across http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/05341.

Here's the catch. It says: 'Bass reproduction below the human audibility threshold (15Hz)'. And now they've got me wondering what the point is. I mean, if they put that on an amp I would just
    assume that there are soundlevels that can not be heard but can be 'felt'. What's the point of having that on headphones? Does it somehow contribute to the overall sound?

2. Probably their design just happens to go that low, so they decided to brag about it.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    +1 It's just bragging rights, dude. "Our headphones go really low!" "Yeah, well OUR headphones go so low you can't even HEAR it!"

4. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'm waiting for the headphones that say they go up to 40 khz, and then watch you running down the street with you listining to it, with every single dog in the neighbood chasing you :p