1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass rig for a small gigs for less than 1200EUR

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Gotard, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gotard

Gotard

Aug 24, 2017
    Hey guys, I need to buy a bass rig that will handle gigs in small venues (about 300W of power).

My first thought was to go full digital and buy a line6 helix and a some PA speaker but I don't know if it will be loud enough to handle bass guitar.

Line6 Helix LT Guitar Processor
    Mackie Thump 15

My second thought was to buy some 300W head and a something like 4x10 bass cabinet but I don't know much about those.

What do you thing guys? Should I go analog or digital? I also play a guitar so helix would be super nice if a PA speaker can handle bass live. Also if I go with helix I don't need to buy any bass effects (tuner, octaver, volume, chorus).

Additional info:

budget: less than 1200EUR
    genre: rock/classic rock
    type: new gear only!

2. xroads

xroads

Nov 6, 2012
  3. Gotard

Gotard

Aug 24, 2017
    I was thinking of getting EV ZLX 15P powered speaker. It seems to have good frequency response for a bass guitar and it's loud enough (we will be mostly playing with acoustic drums). What do you think about it?

I don't think getting a combo and additional cabinet for it is a good idea. It's a lot to carry around.

This Reidmar 500 looks interesting. I like the fact that it has built-in compressor. Why would you choose 2x12 over 2x10 cab?