Bass Rig that creates crazy Subwoofer Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jhonnybass, May 31, 2012.

1. Easy As DABABCB sounds just like Blondie - atomic when played live.

2. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    buy my madison 21" cab and shake the foundation....

3. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    Sub frequencies are Omnidirectional , meaning , it radiates all around , so where ever you put it , you're gonna hear it anyways.

Unless you get three subs and do a Cardioid sub pattern .....

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Being omni-directional you have to pay a lot of attention to placement. Put them in the wrong spot relative to a wall and you'll get reflection cancellations. Split them apart and they'll cancel each other. Split them apart placed too far from a wall and you'll get cancellations from both sources. There is a science to sub placement, and very few sub users are aware of it. The fact that sub manufacturers don't include proper placement instructions in their manuals doesn't help. Even worse, they put sockets in them for pole mounting the mains, and below the mains is usually the worst possible sub placement. :rollno:
    OP, do your homework.

5. Word.

NOTE: Unfortunately sometimes due to lack of space Subs can’t always be placed center. ;)

Way cool. :cool:

6. Thanks again for everyone's advice. I have alot of research to do still. We don't even have a PA of our own yet. We've been renting for a while now when we really needed one but I think buying one will happen in the near future.

7. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    +1

8. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    yorkville makes nice powered subs that can be patched into basic bar band PAs with minimal fuss, van space or $$. one LS800P will bring a lot of boom.

ultimately though, the subs need to be properly integrated into a proper PA to really do the job right.

9. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Have you thought about adding a second UL2-115? I've just added another to my setup, and the sound difference is AMAZING! I can't wait to gig this setup. It really gives a lot more flexibility to the DEEP end.

10. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Listen to this, man. You can get far more effective, and booty shakin' bass placing a single sub in the right spot than you can get placing more, or more expensive, subs in the wrong spot.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021