Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass sale story

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Chris_AtariDoll, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    Put my stage II on ebay... and it sold for the reserve, I got in contact with the buyer, he said he would try to collect the bass, if not he would transfer the cash into my account and i could send the bass to him... i thought great.

A couple of days later he decided he would come and collect the bass the next morning (300 mile trip).

He arrived the next morning at about 9.00am(he said he would ring me before he arrived, but didnt). He asked if he could try the bass out... i said no problem, and proceded to plug it into my warwick stack. after about 30mins playing he said he didnt like the sound, then he started to say that thats why i was selling it, coz it sounded terrable, 'like a lump of cardboard'. He then tried to get me to exchange it for a £800 used lakland. i said no... It turned out that he had a Stage I 4 and was looking for the same sound... did he not understand that they are two diffent basses. He had even talked to warwick before hand to ask about them making him a stage I with a Stage II size neck (gonna cost £2,800.00, and a 9month wait). What is it with people. All i can say is.... it was his time he wasted.

Rant over

2. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    :rolleyes: muppet.
    anyway, there's plenty of people wanting Stage IIs and a few of them can actually afford it.
    although, why you'd want to sell it is beyond me :)

3. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    looking at buying something a little special from warwick, custom finish + leds etc.

4. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    sweet. I have the catalogue sitting in front of me here, some wicked stuff in the custom section.....especially Zender's high-polish chrome Streamer.

Good luck.

5. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    Chrome is actualy something im thinking about... but its starting to get a little common. Im thinking about a flat goth black finish (like the gothic Gibsons) or a white stain finish.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

how would i go about getting this catalogue you speak of? (UK TB'er btw)

7. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    well here's how I like to do it:

first, I take myself to this page
    the page

then I fill in the relevant information, and finally I set up a deck chair, fridge and TV by my letterbox and wait.
    enjoy, it kicks ass.

8. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    or ring Ben @ Mad Music on 020 8238 9900 and he will send you one straight out.

9. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    wow. I had no idea, i've only ever seen this streamer in the catalogue in chrome. mind you, what about when the novelty wears off?

that matt black finish really suits the Les Pauls, looks pretty damn cool to me..... but I wouldn't go near a white bass (don't really know why, i've never seen one I liked)

anyway, these are just my opinions that nobody cares about.:rolleyes:

Are you going for another SSII?

10. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    Im thinking about a bolt-on thumb or streamer.... i also quite fancy trying out a set neck dolphin.

11. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    my brother plays the discontinued Dolphin pro II (bolt on), amazing bass. he let's me play it if I have a big enough gig or if my band supports his. Looks gorgeous too.