1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass scene in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Tbeers, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Berlin
    Hello TB, it's been a while. I just moved back to the US, to Chicago (Hyde Park) more specifically, and I'm hoping to get involved with any number of music scenes while I'm here.

Do any regular members live in Chicago? Any basic people I should be in touch with? A big concern of mine is finding a new luthier for repairs and setup.

Thanks so much!

2. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Chicagoan here. I grew up around Hyde Park and went to the Lab School growing up. Interesting part of town. Go to the jam at Jimmy's. Might as well catch to one at the New Apartment too and the Velvet too. All those places are reasonably close. I take my bass to Mark Sonksen but there are many good luthiers around. Welcome to town but don't steal my gigs!!!;)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021