Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass schematics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by plbassman, Mar 2, 2002.

1. plbassman

plbassman

Mar 2, 2002
    Milwaukee WI
    Any good ideas on where to find online schematics for Yamaha basses? I have stock TRB5 that is eating batteries. Thanks for any direction you can give!

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Have you been unplugging your basse when its not in use?

3. plbassman

plbassman

Mar 2, 2002
    Milwaukee WI
    Yes - It is always unplugged when not in use. The problem actually stems from a repair job a while back.

They replaced a bad jack and I am finally getting around to fixing the fix. I am not really sure they put the correct jack into the bass.

I was hoping the schematic might answer that question by showing the jack leads and the wire attachments etc.

I am told it uses a *stereo jack* wired in such a way to open the circuit when in non-use. Any input on the stereo jack usage?

I know about not leaving it plugged in, but I am not sure why a stereo jack would be a requirement for this function...

Thanks by the way -

4. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    I replaced the jack in my TRB5 II and it has a three wires. If you want I can check it out. I think two go to ground and one to positive. I will check for you in the morning. And these three wires are plugged into a small connector at the other end so unless they took that connector out, it is dummy proof. And yes it is a stereo plug.

5. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    O K There are three black grounds coming off the jack, two go to the mini plug and are the two center wires on this, the third one goes to ground the bridge. Then off from one of the center poles on the jack is a white wire, and from the other center pole is a red wire. These both go to the same little wire plug connector and are on the outside, one on each side of the connector with the two black wire's. I hope this helps. If you need more specifics let me know and I will do what Ican.
    Bizz

Just reread your post. Make sure none of the contacts on the jack are touching each other. My two center poles were pretty close together. Sloppy solder or a bent prong could be the culprit.

6. mwhite89

mwhite89

Apr 3, 2005
    Gore, Oklahoma

Did you ever find the schematics TRB-5P? iF YES, would you mind sharing them with me?
    Grace and Peace :bassist: :bassist: mwhite89@crosstel.net
    Maurice