bass set-up in Denver,CO area?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SantosL.Halper, Jan 4, 2001.

1. SantosL.Halper

Sep 27, 2000
    Hello. I bought a Fender jazz mongrel off the 'net and it was sent to me with neck and bridge removed. I'm clueless, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good bass set-up guy in the Denver/Front Range area. Thanks in advance...-SLH
  2. weldon

Jan 3, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I realize this is a really old thread, but I'm looking for the same thing. I've got a newer Yamaha TRB-II 4 string that needs the action lowered and I thought I'd have someone good look at the neck relief, frets, and intonation while I'm at it.

I live on the south end of town, but I'll take suggestions for any good tech in the metro area. Maybe even the Springs.

3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I'm very happy with Mark Tenorio of Tenorio Werx. He does a great setup, his prices are reasonable and he's a stand-up guy! The only downside is that he's extremely popular with local players and dealers which tends to keep him quite busy. :(

If Mark doesn't work for you, you may want to shoot an email to Scott Surine of Surine Basses. He has a person that does all of his work for his line that I would assume should be pretty good but I've never used him. I'm down with Mark so I'm a little biased. I hate the wait involved in with dealing with Mark but I love the comfort level that we have established between the two of us!
  4. Sherman da bass

Sherman da bass

Nov 7, 2002
    Gotta go with Charles on this one....
  5. gruuv247

gruuv247 Guest

Sep 18, 2002
    Burlington, NC
    You ought to learn to do your own setups. The tools are fairly cheap. Your personal feel is the only thing thats going to give you that perfect comfy setup (along with some set guidelines). Rely on this forum to walk you through it.
    Don't be afraid, Blake:cool:
  6. The guy at Acoustic Music Revival is a kickass luthier, and a nice guy to boot. His pricing is very reasonable , and he's fast, too.
  7. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    The luthier at Guitars Etc. in Longmont is well worth the trip. Always sets up my basses perfectly. Great guy too!
  8. Chris at Rockley or Jess Redmon at the Greeley Guitar Center. Just more options.
  9. weldon

Jan 3, 2003
    Denver, CO
    As long as we have all the folks from the area looking in here, can anyone recommend a shop to repair a tube amp? I've got an Acoustic B-2 that is cutting out intermittently. Might need new tubes.

I'd appreciate any recommendations on where to take it.