Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass setup in the San Fran bay area

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassguppy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Can any fellow TB'ers in the San Francisco area recommend a decent luthier/setup person for basic setup-pickup change-refretting? I moved to the bay area about 1 year ago & am still trying to get some connections. I live in Napa by the way so would prefer not go travel to the south bay.

Thanks a bunch :bassist:

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    In the City it's Gary Brauer. North of that it's Michael Dolan.

Michael Dolan Custom Guitars
    3222 Airway Drive #4
    Santa Rosa, CA. 95403
    (707)575-0654

Closest to home is going to be Rob at Rob's Repair. He is the Fender/SWR tech for the East Bay. You can contact him at 707-746-7337. Rob has a lot of work, so be persistant with contacting him. He mostly works out of his garage in Martinez.

The tech at Zone Music in Cotati does a good job too.

I have a couple of friends who are getting quite good at setup and electronics, but do not do it for a living. They are in Benicia. If you want me to talk to them, I'll PM you with contact information.

Or, I just got a new Peterson VS-II tuner so I can help you with a setup if you would like. I am a spaz at pickups though.

Mark