1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass-shop in texas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by t-bassplayer, Feb 25, 2008.

1. t-bassplayer

t-bassplayer

Dec 8, 2004
    Hi,
    i come from germany and i'm just visiting a friend in Houston. Can anybody tell me where to find good shops for nice basses there? I'm searching for a Fender jazzbass or maybe a modern jazzbass-like instrument. Nice would be a pre-owned one with four strings.
    Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. Have your friend drive you up the road a few hours to Austin Texas and go check out Bass Emporium (www.bassemporium.com) it is worth the trip if your going to be in Texas

Welcome to the U.S.A.

Maybe Mjolnir or some of the other Houston Area TBer's know of a closer place...

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    thor moved to houston?

4. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Not many good bass shops in Houston. Maybe Rockin' Robin for Fender new and vintage. Austin has a better selection.

5. totalimmortal08

totalimmortal08

Jan 21, 2008
    yeah, pretty much bass emporium in austin or rockin robbin in houston would be the best bets. there is also another one in houston that sells mostly fenders but the name slipped my mind...=/

6. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Besides Rockin' Robin, there are GCs in Houston, and Edwards Music up on Westheimer. I've lived both in Houston and Austin, and Austin is definitely worth the trip.

The thing about Rockin' Robin is that it's a hoot to visit, with instruments hung from the ceiling and a vast variety of all kinds of stringed instruments. I try to stop by every time I go to Houston.

http://www.rockinrobinguitars.com/

7. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Fuller's is another shop in Houston that often has some decent Fenders.

8. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Danny D's Guitar Hacenda south of Houston on Hwy 3 (in League City) usually has a decent selection and there is a GC about 4 miles away at I-45 and Nasa Rd. 1 that has a good selection of basses.