Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Shops in Chattanooga??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Hey folks.. Im going to be in Chattanooga tomorrow through the 31st.. Are there any bass shops or guitar stores I should check out?

2. Anyone?

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Wow, I had no idea Warrior was that close to Chatanooga. I thought it was northeastern GA, closer to Curbow.

5. Awesome.. Do you guys know of Warrior has a show room or is it by appointment only?

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Not sure.. Give them a call once you're there

7. Are you taking the Chattanooga Choo-Choo?

Just asking.

8. You can walk in the Sound Post during regular business hours (9-5ish). The Sound Post is the retail store front for the Warrior shop- they stock a lot of Peavey gear. You should call them ahead of time if you are interested in seeing the Warrior shop, though, for courtesy.

The Picker's Exchange is a good local guitar-oriented store.

L&M Music is in Chatta also, on Airpark Rd. They are a local store that has tried to turn into a mailorder superstore, ala Rik's Music (now RMC Audio). I haven't been in the L&M store in a few years, but it's reminiscent of a Guitar Center. Speaking of GC, there's one there now, too.

Chatta has a number of mom and pop music stores also. The Music Store on Hixson Pike shows up in a lot of dealer listings, but they stock more school band instruments than basses and guitars. Wilson Music and Mountain Music are in that category also.

Cleveland Music Center is not a bad bet, although it's a bit out of the way.

Ergo is located in Chatta also, if you have any interest in EUBs. You would need to email Jesse and ask if you could stop in.

Finally, there is a neat, if funky, place that I'm not sure is still in business, called the Sound Barrier, on Frazier Avenue. They stocked all kinds of odds and ends and vintage effect pedals and some instruments. It's worth stopping by there, if they are still around.