Bass Sig. Model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Mar 25, 2005.

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I have to say I am not a huge fan of Fieldys bass playing stlye. But I tried his bass out and I have to say I liked it very much. Has anyone here at TB ever tried it out? :)
  2. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    WoW!!!!!!111111 fIelDy r0x0r!!!!1111 :D

Seriously, it's not a bad bass. Nice neck, punchy sound, ability to dial all the mids out so you can get Mr Arvizu's sound. But I'd rather track down an original Ibanez SR1305 (the old Ibanez model it's based on) than to pay more and get the same bass with the crappy 12th fret inlay.

Russ :bassist:

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    So nobodyelse has tried it out? :meh:
  4. personally didn't know he ahd a sig. bass. who make sit. not to steal your topic but i played a hoppus bass the other day and besides the colour i really liked it.
  5. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Ive played the Fieldy bass before, it is a pretty cool bass, Not too crazy about that inlay or the pricetag, but its not a bad bass
  6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    As most independent thinkers/non-Fieldy bashers have posted about it, it's a nice, well-made, well-constructed bass of quality wood and parts (and I even think the price isn't too bad considering the above.)

I also agree that if Ibanez took off the huge K5 inlay and left the headstock signature as its "signature marking" they'd sell a hell of a lot more of them. Most g*itarist friends of mine also agree on the K7. Who knew they they had taste? :smug: