Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Bass slap program" video from Alexis Sklarefsky (or something)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by whitehouse, Feb 19, 2002.

1. does anyone know a store where I can order that video ?? some told me that this video isn't available anymore, so I have to try the states ( I live in Holland) .. is there a store where I can order & ship the video ?

2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Whitehouse, you didn't find it @ Musik Produktiv?
    They should be able to get it for you.

4. they are out of video's and not able to get it anymore

5. BassGuyNL

BassGuyNL

Jul 20, 2000
    The Netherlands
    Hey fellow Dutchman,
    Try www.bassmatters.nl and see if it's on the site. Otherwise, call Paul at the number listed in the site. "Paul's Bassmatters" is a great little specialized bass-only store in Nijmegen.
    BTW, I had been trying to learn how to slap using several books, but it really took off when I started with Alex's tape. He is a real teacher and not a celebrity trying to teach. Definitely worth the money!!!

6. ehm..I have once seen a short part of a slap-program..don't know from who'm that was, becaus I didnt play bass, so wasn't focussed on names...

does Alexis have a "pentagram" on his shoulder-strap ?? (I rember that from the video I saw..)

7. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I never noticed his strap really, but I'm going to look for that pentagram next time.

What did stick in my mind is he is playing a Spector in the video. It's a neck through, natural dark wood finish, and P+J pickups. I'm guessing it was an older US model?

8. does he also give some advise about muting the 5th string ??

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    He gives some advice about muting generally, but the video is all 4-string.