1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass software

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by harpguy74, Oct 2, 2013.

1. harpguy74

harpguy74

Oct 2, 2011
    quebec canada
    not sure were this should actually go but, is there a decent free software to slow down music , I have a few songs I am working on that would be great if I could slow them down a bit.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have heard that Windows Media Player will do it. But I haven't confirmed that.

3. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    Try Amazing Slow Downer or Audacity. I'm sure there are others. I use Transcribe, but it's $39 after a thirty day trial period.

4. pastorjamesc

pastorjamesc Cheap Ability, Expensive Taste Commercial User

Jun 26, 2012
    Waco Texas
    Owner/Operator of Cotten Patch Sound Design. Burns of London Guitars and Basses retail. I do sound design, resetting, and education for churches, organizations, and small venues with no Sound personnel. Studio for "self-produced" rental use.
    Audacity is free but a little limited. Don't try to slow down too much or it really distorts.

5. Amazing Slow Downer is not free - $49.95

6. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    $50 very well spent IMO but YMMV...

7. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    Amazing Slow Downer is currently the best "slowdowner", but pricey.

8. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Free app on Android: ASC (audio speed control). Load the song into your phone and import into the app. I can also plug the phone and my bass into either computer or Tc electrpnics amp head and practice through headphones.
    Tech is EVERYWHERE, folks.

9. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
  10. I have both Slow Downer and Transcribe. I used Slow Downer for years and was very satisfied with it.

However, Transcribe does everything Slow Downer does plus has a TON of additional features and control. There are some excellent online tutorials that illustrate its features.

11. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation

Jan 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Really? Windows Media Player?!

Ok, after reading this (being a PC user) I just had to check and sure enough, it DOES!

Here's a pic of the dialog box:

windows_media_player_speed_change_dialog.PNG

Following is a brief explanation of the Windows 7 version. For any other Windows version, Google "Windows Media Player change playback speed".

You get to this dialog box by:

1. Play a file, and then switch to Now Playing mode.
      If youÂ’re in the Player Library, click the Switch to Now Playing button Picture of the Switch to Now Playing button in the lower-right corner of the Player.
    2. Right-click an open space in the Player (such as to the left of the Stop button) , point to Enhancements, and then click Play speed settings.
    3. Move the Play Speed slider to the speed at which you want to play the file, or click the Slow, Normal, or Fast links.
      To select speeds between the labeled play speeds, in the Play speed settings dialog box, clear the Snap slider to common speeds check box.
    4. To hide the settings, click the Close button Picture of the Enhancements Close button in the Play speed settings dialog box.
    And, it works!

Thanks for the heads up on this, two fingers... very useful!

Allen (very embarrassed to admit how long I've been using Windows and didn't know about this)

12. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo