Bass solo CD w/ Gregg Bissonette & Mattias Eklundh

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Martin Motnik, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Martin Motnik

Martin Motnik

Aug 9, 2005
    Hi fellows,

I invested my last money and recorded a bass solo CD. Why? 'Cause playing bass is the only thing I can... I got Gregg Bissonette playing the drums (his brother Matt recorded him), and freaky Mattias "IA" Eklundh on guitar. I'd be happy to get your opinion about the stuff, you can download long sound samples on my website under "Audio". It's no advertisement, I'm searching for a record company, and I would like to know whether I have a chance for a deal.

Thanks a lot!

2. First off, let me say how much this guy rules:
    "YOU RULE!"

I just checked out a few tunes off of Martin Motnik's latest CD. Check out this bash fest with THE BIS:,gregg_bissonette-bee_on_speed.mp3

I was thinking of doing some insane bass/drums with Gregg Bissonette since he is here in LA. For sure, the bass/drums chemistry on your album is top-notch!

YYZ? Sweet:,mattias_ia_eklundh,gregg_bissonette-yyz.mp3

Folks, go out and buy this record NOW!!!

3. I'm downloading a clip, I have insanely slow internet, but if I dig your album I'll check it out. I got Jay Terriens solo ablum for press purposes and what this guy says is good must be good!
  4. Holy crap, that YYZ clip is freaking insane!

I'd definitely buy that CD.
  5. HooBass

May 27, 2003
    Cool!! I recently got a chance to jam with Mattias (and Ron Thal) at a Raleigh Music Academy show. Awesome guitarists, and they seem like cool guys. Let's just say, however, I'm glad I didn't suggest we jam on YYZ! It's been years since I could do that song justice, and even then...

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm on dialup, but I love bass and REAL drums, so I'll take a shot.........Pay-Pal sent :cool:
  7. I've been listening to the sample mp3 of "Delayed" on your web site. So beautiful! Of all the clips you have out there, that one's my favorite.

You're incredible.
  8. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Well, I`ve just downloaded the tracks and they`re great.
    You`ve obviously got the talent and the skill.
    The recording is flawless and so are the perfomances.
    It`s more in the "bass hero" vein than in the "composer" side,
    but it`s a great album. The YYZ perfomance is superb.
    Hope you can get a good label / distribution agreement.
    Good luck
  9. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Nice man, i like. The first clip-i had to read the description before i believed it. Very nice work. Time to check my accounts.

I like your style/sound.

edit: Paypal sent.
  10. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Mattias is a machine on guitar. :bassist: Love your clip of YYZ
  11. Martin Motnik

Martin Motnik

Aug 9, 2005
    Hey folks,

thanks for your many encouraging replies and private messages!! I finally released my bass solo CD "Bass Invader" with Gregg Bissonette and Mattias "IA" Eklundh in the States. It's available on and I'm very proud about that!

Again, thanks a lot for your support, and I wish you all a great new year - as good as this one was for me!

Take care,

Martin Motnik
  12. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm still digging my copy, thanks Martin! :bassist:
  13. [​IMG]

sorry...i saw a slight resemblence...

as for the music, awesome!
    i love that simpsons theme! i've never heard it quite like that :)
    i love it!
    just one question, what technique are you using for your "delayed" piece?
  14. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Good stuff! Mattias is amazing on guitar!
  15. Martin Motnik

Martin Motnik

Aug 9, 2005
    OMG!! Does John Stamos play bass too??

I am switching between fingerpicking, pinch harmonics and hammered harmonics. As the title of the song says, the whole song is played with a delay effect.

I have a transcription of "Delayed" on my website. Just click on "Transcriptions". It's written in two separate staves, but it's played with one bass only.
  16. bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Great sounding Ritter and great technique, Martin!!! I really like the samples that I've heard on CD Baby and have added your CD to my next purchase list! Are you playing your Ritter basses on all tracks?

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool: