Bass Solo/Ditty

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bassist_Ben, Jan 12, 2006.

1. I have also wondered, can someone make a little bass solo/ditty out of little tunes. Say for example, i heard a verse of Big Bottom go into mary had a little lamb. does anyone else have some funny ones like that.

I tried, but it just didn't seem to work out!
  2. When I was in high school, my music class was always fun. Me and the drummer were friends so we would always plan out these retarded jams the day before. So when my music teacher says "OK, let's go over that Clapton tune we were working on", me and the drummer would play half-way through the song, then accidentally start playing the Pink Panther song, or the Looney Tunes song, or whatever random ditty we had planned.
    This actually worked out for the better, as we ended up impressing the music teacher with our medley-making skills. We ended up playing a Cream medley (White Room, Sunshine of Your Love, White Room) onstage at my graduation. The parents loved it, most of the students didn't know what we were playing.
  3. When I was in a band where I had more solo-time I used to try to incorporate a couple of lines of "Hall of the mountain king" into the solo. Usually works great.

Otherwise children songs is great fun to solo around when soloing for other songs.

You have to leave Your ego at the door when doing this live, but it's great fun and the crowd usually likes it. In fact more than just a straight up solo.

4. fenwickbacker

Jun 12, 2004
    New Orleans
    not sure if this is what you mean . . . but we play mostly covers and after awhile we need a little something for us, to keep us on our toes.

we'll add some song lines into the song we're playing and see if anyone notices.

some of my favorites have been . . .

Sneaking in a bit of "Red Barchetta" into the bridge of Van Morrison's "Have I Told You Lately . . ."

"Carry on My Wayward Son" slipped into the middle of "Brick House"
  5. That's the just the kind of thing Derek Smalls would do! :D
  6. hey,
    thanks for the replies...for example again i looking for like eg/ green day (bullet in a bible) King for a day goes into Shout then into always look on the bright side of life andthen back to king for a day.

thanks again